Riverland reopens buildings for first time since March
Riverland Community College reopened its buildings Monday at the Albert Lea and Austin campuses and plans to open the Owatonna campus July 20.
The service hours will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday unless students have classes or appointments that state otherwise, according to a press release.
Monday’s opening marked the first time the Riverland campuses have been open to the public since closing in mid-March for the safety of students and employees and protect all from the COVID-19 virus.
“As the restrictions have loosened to allow more face-to-face interactions, Riverland will have some staff in every department to assist potential and current students,” said Dr. Adenuga Atewologun, Riverland president. “Several protocols have been put into place to protect visitors and employees in accordance with current state and national safety guidelines.”
Visitors will notice some changes and requirements on campus, many of which are being implemented to protect the health of employees as well as students.
• Lobbies are open during regular weekday hours. It is advised to call ahead for an appointment for faster and safer service.
• People are advised to continue using phone, email and online options if that can fit the need.
• Only certain doors to the buildings will be open:
- Albert Lea campus, enter through the A1 door
- Austin campus, East Building, enter through the E7 door
- Austin campus, West Building, enter through the W1 door
- Owatonna campus, enter through the main entrance
• People are asked to fill out a brief questionnaire at the entrance or complete an online questionnaire before coming to campus to save time.
• People are asked to not come to campus if they are sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms.
• People are asked to consider the following if they do come to campus:
- Limit the number of people you bring with you to campus.
- Practice social distancing. There will be markings on the floor for guidance.
- Masks are not required, but they are encouraged.
- Hand-washing hygiene is encouraged when visiting.
- If you are scheduled to meet with someone, let the entry staff know so they can provide further direction to you. Social distancing will be maintained throughout your visit.
- The library will be open to potential and current students from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Computer labs are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visit www.riverland.edu/healthupdate for the most updated information prior to visiting.
For questions, contact 507-433-0600.