Local student graduates
Natalie Weiland of Albert Lea graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in sociology-social analysis from Whitworth University, a private, liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church.
Local students named to academic lists
• Minnesota State Community and Technical College has named 735 students to its president’s list and 688 students to its dean’s list for the 2020 spring semester. Students on the president’s list completed a minimum of six college-level credits and 75% of the courses in which they enrolled for the semester, and earned a grade point average of 4.0. Students on the dean’s list completed a minimum of six college-level credits and 75% of the courses in which they enrolled for the semester, and earned a GPA of 3.50 to 3.99. Erik Theusch of Alden was named to the president’s list.
• Central Lakes College, Brainerd and Staples, has announced its 2020 spring semester honors list. The president’s list includes 410 students who earned a grade-point average of 3.75 to 4.0 while enrolled for at least 12 credits. The dean’s list includes 286 students who earned a grade-point average of 3.25 to 3.74. Spencer Tufte of New Richland was named to the dean’s list.
• Iowa Lakes Community College has released the spring honors list of full-time students (12 credits or more) who have demonstrated academic excellence by earning a grade point average of 3.25 (based on a 4.00) or higher. Spring semester students who have achieved a 3.25 grade point average or better are recognized by inclusion on the dean’s list. Those with a 4.00 average are on the president’s list. Lyv Arispe of Lake Mills was named to the dean’s list.
• The following students were named to the second semester 2020 dean’s list at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. The full list includes 451 undergraduate students who earned a grade point average of 3.60 or better on a 4.0 scale. Local students named to the list were Grace Chalmers, daughter of Neil and Aimee Chalmers of Albert Lea; and Hailey Warmka, daughter of Dean and Tracy Warmka of Bricelyn.
• Area students have been named to the dean’s list at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse for the spring semester of the 2019-20 academic year, ending May 2020. Qualification for the dean’s list is limited to students who have attained outstanding academic achievement. To be eligible, students must have earned not less than a 3.5 semester grade point average and carried a minimum of 12 credits. Local students named to the list were Natalie Day of Albert Lea, English major with a writing and rhetoric studies emphasis; Kayla Jensen of Albert Lea, public health and community health education major; Timothy Kreun of Albert Lea, marketing major; and Kelsey Newman of Alden, accountancy major.
• Local students at Bethel University in St. Paul have been named to the dean’s list for academic excellence for the spring 2020 semester. The dean’s list honors students who achieve an outstanding scholastic record during a semester with a grade point average of 3.6 or greater. Seniors from New Richland Elizabeth and Grace Nelson, daughters of Delane and Dawn Nelson, were both named to the list.
• The University of Wisconsin-Madison has recognized students named to the dean’s list for the spring semester of the 2019-20 academic year. To be eligible for the dean’s list, students must complete a minimum of 12 graded degree credits in that semester. Jacob Ware of Albert Lea, College of Letters and Science, was named to the list.
• Area students have been named to the Minnesota State University-Moorhead dean’s list in recognition of academic achievement spring semester 2020. Students must maintain a 3.25 or higher grade point average and carry 12 graded credits to qualify for the honor. Seth Chapek of Myrtle, majoring in health and medical sciences; and Louis Wagner of Clarks Grove, majoring in construction management, were named to the list.
• More than 8,500 undergraduate students at the University of Iowa were named to the dean’s list for the 2020 spring semester. Area students named to the list were Alexandra Eckstrom of Albert Lea, majoring in nursing; Francesca Eckstrom of Albert Lea, majoring in chemistry; Zach Glazier of Albert Lea, majoring in pre-business; and Laura Knudtson of Lake Mills, majoring in nursing.
• Students named to the spring semester 2020 chancellor’s list at the University of Minnesota-Crookston were recently announced. Brittany Gast of Albert Lea, majoring in health management, was named to the list.
• Minnesota State College Southeast in Red Wing and Winona announced the president’s list for spring semester 2020. Madison Mickelson of Albert Lea and Jacob Miller of Clarks Grove were named to the list. To be eligible for the President’s List, students must complete a minimum of 12 credits at MSC Southeast during an academic term and achieve a GPA of 3.5 or above.
• Dana Baumann of Emmons was named to the Wartburg College winter/May term dean’s list. The list honors students who earned a cumulative grade-point average of 3.5 or above in at least five course credits during the terms. Four of the five course credits have to be graded with a traditional letter grade.
• The University of Wisconsin-River Falls spring semester Dean’s List honoring 2,210 students has been released. Local students named to the list were Albert Lea’s Karrin Olson, majoring in biology, and Alana Skarstad, majoring in English; Megan Linn of Alden, majoring in health and human performance; Ellendale’s Kayley Camerer, majoring in health and human performance, and Lacey Nelson, majoring in crop and soil science; Anna Bailey of Geneva, majoring in social work; Hartland’s Madeline Phillips, majoring in elementary education, and Kallie Spooner, majoring in fine arts; and Amy Groskreutz of Wells, majoring in vocal/general K-12.